Preparing for Surgery
Once your surgery has been scheduled, you will be notified of the date and time by your surgeon’s office.
Summit Surgery Center offers convenience and privacy for our patients to complete their electronic health history via Simple Admit. If you have surgery scheduled at our center, please fill out your information by clicking the provided link below. You will be asked about your health history, medication and previous surgeries. It is important to complete this form as soon as possible so that our medical team can review your information prior to your visit to ensure patient safety. You will then receive a call from a nurse, who will review your health history with you.
Login here: https://summitsurgerycenter.simpleadmit.com/Welcome.aspx
Please use the passwords below to access:
Adult password (ages 13+): SSC805NEW
Pediatric patient password (ages 0-12): SSC805PEDS
If you need help with this process, please do not hesitate to phone Summit Surgery Center.
Please read this information carefully and follow the instructions.
- Do NOT eat or drink anything after midnight unless your physician/anesthesiologist states otherwise. This includes NO WATER, gum or mints.
- Do NOT smoke on the day of surgery.
- You may bathe/shower and brush your teeth without swallowing water the morning of the surgery.
- Remove all nail polish and make-up.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home except for necessary co-payment obligations (i.e. credit card, check, etc).
- Bring current photo identification (drivers license, ID card, passport, etc) and insurance card.
- Wear loose and comfortable fitting clothing
- Do not wear contact lenses. If you wear glasses bring a case to protect them.
- If there is a possibility that you may be pregnant, please notify your surgeon.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the Center and be present when you are ready to leave. At least one adult per patient is recommended or both parents with their child.
If you experience any changes in your health between the times of your last office visit and your scheduled surgery, please notify your physician. Examples of changes in health include a cold, cough or fever.
Day of Surgery
Upon arrival at the Center, your registration will be completed and you will meet your surgical team to prepare for surgery. Any additional questions that you may have will be answered at that time.
Please take note of our Directions on the Contact Us page.
After your surgery is completed, you will be in the postoperative care unit, where the average time spent is one to two hours, depending on your surgery and the type of anesthesia given. When recovery is sufficient, the anesthesiologist will release you.
Your surgeon will provide you with specific postoperative care instructions after your surgery. In addition, please follow the general instructions below.
- Follow your physician’s instructions regarding activities, diet, rest and medications.
- For your protection, avoid making important decisions or signing important documents for at least 24 hours following your procedure.
- Plan to have a responsible adult drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after your surgery.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours following your surgery.
A Center staff member will call the following day to check on your progress and answer any questions.
To find out more about a surgical concierge service that offers cash-pay surgical rates, please click here.